Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Best Brownies EVER!

I used this recipe:
In place of the 2 cups of flour I used, 1 cup rice flour, ½ cup oat flour,& ½ cup arrowroot starch. Also, I used olive oil in place of vegetable oil. Oh, and I added 1 cup of walnuts.

According to Myfitness Pal they have 296 calories, with nuts. (I put them in a 9x13 pan and cut 18 brownies.)
Okay, honestly they were a little on the dry side but I was really pleased with how they turned out for the first try. Next time I am going to try adding a Almond Milk to help moisten them up a little, probably only a couple of tablespoons.
Okay, maybe BEST EVER might be exaggerating. Maybe they were so good because we haven’t had any baked goods (except a B-day Cake) in about 6ish months.
We were once again struggling with a phantom reaction. I call it a “phantom” because I couldn’t figure out what we were reacting to. I still don’t know. I restricted our diet even more and took our even more processed foods, although there weren’t many to begin with. I consider flours, baking powder, baking soda, etc, processed food.
Once everyone was stable and reaction free for a while I slowly started adding things back in. We got back oatmeal, crisp rice, and peanut butter first.
We reacted to chocolate chips (gluten, soy dairy free of course) when I tried to introduce them back. We ate them 2xs and reacted. I am waiting a month or so and trying them again before I say they are out for good.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment