Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Brownies

Okay, I have worked out the kinks in the brownie recipe. I will admit that they are a little on the dry side but I haven't been able to fix that without causing the brownies to fall in the center after they are done baking. But they are egg, dairy, soy, flax seed and gluten free.  This is a really hard combination to achieve when baking.

Brownies

Dry Ingredients

1 1/2 cup Rice flour
1 1/2 cup Oat flour
1/2 cup Tapioca or Arrow Root Starch
2 cups Sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt

Wet Ingredients
1 cup Water
1 cup Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Other
1 cup Walnuts

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix wet ingredients in a small bowl. Pour wet ingredients into large bowl with dry ingredients. Add Walnuts and mix. Pour in an 8x12 inch pan and bake for 25-35 minutes.

Side notes: I don't use an electric mixer for this recipe. I use a rubber spatula. If you aren't using an electric mixer just make sure the dry ingredients are well incorporated with each other. Also, I don't oil my pan before I use it. The brownies will be crumbly and you will need to use a metal spatula to remove them from the pan any way.

Also, why are both of these utensils called a spatula? It is very confusing in the above paragraph. I changed it to a "rubber" and "metal" spatula (even though my "metal" spatula isn't a "metal" spatula it is hard plastic.....just saying)



No comments:

Post a Comment