Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2015

What's in a name?

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

Those are powerful words. They pack so much meaning and even can illicit an emotional response.

There are specific foods for each words.

Muffin = Breakfast.

Sandwich = Lunch

Grilled Chicken = Dinner

But why?  Why must we eat specific foods at only those specific times?

Hello World. My name is Sheila and I have abandoned all preconceived notions of breakfast, lunch and dinner foods.

Yes, I serve my children leftover grilled chicken and vegetables for breakfast. I pack my children muffins and granola  bars for lunch most days.

I will admit that Dinner generally stays sacred but that is only because the few actual breakfast foods we can eat are generally saved for breakfast and lunch. Plus, I don't have a good bread recipe so I don't make bread very often.

Vow = Sooner or later I will perfect my bread recipe. (but for now it is edible at best)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment