Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Shopping


I went shopping after work yesterday.  I had eaten up all my salad supplies and needed more.  I had about 15 minutes due to a sick hubby (flu) and children that needed to start on homework.

I ran into the store and bought my salad supplies.  Then I went to get small plastic cups.  I passed by the cereal isle.  I passed by the baking isle.  I passed by the processed meats.  All I was seeing was things I couldn’t eat.  I headed down to the bakery.  Maybe I could splurge on a single serving piece of cake.  The 12 hours of uncontrollably sneezing and bladder leaking sure seemed worth it. 

But then I reminded myself of something that I vowed last week when I was miserably sick from having eaten something that I shouldn’t.  I said I would just tell myself that I don’t do that anymore.  I don’t eat that any more.  It all starts with one decision.  Here I was looking my one decision in the face.  Just say it.  I DON’T DO THIS ANY MORE.  It just takes right now this very minute to make the right decision.  Don’t look or think about anything but this one decision that is staring at you right now. 

I said it.  I turned my cart around.  I told myself….You can buy anything in this store that you want as long as it is something that you can eat.  Anything!  You can buy ANYTHING, it just has to be something you eat now.  I bought green peppers, onions, mushrooms and a really fatty red steak.  I haven’t eaten it yet but it is going to be good.

I went home and made my salad.  I ate a big bowl right away.  I had a big bowl for lunch today.  I am going to have a big bowl when I get home…..Then I will have to go to the store again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment