Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Welcome to the Dark Side….We have fruit.

My husband has finally come over to the dark side.  The last 2-3 weeks he has been sick; coughing and nasal congestion.

At first he thought it was a virus, then the theory was a reaction to new medicine, then he got antibiotics, then a different antibiotic….nothing worked.  He started to get better until he bought some baloney and then he got sick again. 

(I should mention that Hubby is very supportive of our new eating habits in front of me and the children.  However, what he chooses to eat when we aren’t around is up to him.)

Hubby does not want to admit he has joined the dark side but I know he has.  He has agreed to be really good with what he eats for the next two weeks to see how he feels. 

By the way being good with what he eats means no gluten, soy, dairy, eggs, flax seeds and hardly any processed foods. 

I am not sure what is up with processed foods and my children but they just don’t get along.  We recently tried Kix and Crispix again.  They are supposed to be gluten and soy free but I am still changing sheets every morning and it has been 4 days since we stopped eating them.  Plus my other son is a Drama King; has headaches and is fatigued. 

There are a handful of processed foods we can eat like, rice noodles, Enjoy Life chocolate chips, Heinz Katsup, Sweet Baby Rays Plain BBQ Sauce, rolled oats, Earth Balance Vegan Soy Free Butter, Lays Plain Potato Chips, Fritos Corn Chips, Tostitos Corn Chips, Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter, Smuckers Jelly and Udi’s bread.

(Caution: Udi’s bread is not egg free but as long as it is the plain sandwich bread my children can tolerate it, but not any of the other Udi’s products.)

Yep that’s it.  Everything else is single ingredient foods.  They may be canned or frozen but there is only one ingredient listed – not even salt.

I love you hubby….Welcome to the Dark Side….We have fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment