Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Made with Almond Milk


The best ice cream EVER!  (It is soy free unlike the store bought almond milk ice cream.)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Made with Almond Milk
 
3 1/2 cups Almond Milk (unsweetened and no vanilla)
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup Smuckers Peanut Butter
3/4 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
1 tsp gluten free Vanilla

Place ingredients above in a sauce pan.  Bring to a boil using a medium to high heat.  Stir constantly! 

Boil 2 minutes.

Remove from heat and stir until boiling stops.

Let the mixture sit for a ½ an hour and then refrigerator for a ½ to 1 hour until chilled.  The ingredients will have separated a little.  Just whisk them back together before transferring to the ice cream maker.

Make according to your ice cream makers instructions.

According to My Fitness Pal with the recipe making 6 servings; it has 345 calories per serving.

We think it is the best ice cream we have ever had…..granted this is from a distorted gluten, soy, dairy, and egg of view.  It is the first ice cream Ben has had since before 3/1/2013.  (Zach doesn’t like ice cream.)  I had some ice cream around Christmas.  Yes, I did get really, really sick; 24-48 hours of uncontrollable sneezing with bladder leaking, snot running down my face, dizziness, and fatigue. What can I say? I thought it would be worth it when I ate it.  My mind is really good at justifying why it is a good idea to eat things that will make me sick.  That is why I am determined to not listen to that side of my brain any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment