Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

I am doing a Mud Run.

There I said it.  It is official.  I have 60 days left to train.

It is a Dirty Girl Mud Run.  I am hoping this means it will not be hard core.  They say the obstacles are optional.  My sister is doing it with me.  I am VERY glad for this.

My goal is to start and finish.  Starting will be much harder than finishing because once I start there is only one way out….the finish line.  There are so many different paths that lead from here to the starting line.  Each one has an escape route.

I am scared.  I am trying not to freak out.  New things are so hard to do.  But I want this.  I want to be a person that does mud runs.  I want to be a runner.  I want to be healthy. I don’t want to be obese. .

So today I am just training….It is just training…..That’s all….Just a little stroll around the block.  Throw some running in whenever the watch beeps…..Nothing more…..Just a little training….Just today is all I have to worry about.

I have 60 days until my mud run.  These are my commitments for the next 60 days.

1) I will be logging all my foods into My Fitness Pal.  I will eat sensibly and absolutely no gluten, soy, dairy, or eggs for the next 60 days.

2) Tonight I have a date with Jillian and her 90 day body transformation tapes.  I started these before and they are hard.  So fair warning I do not promise to go according to the prescribed schedule.  I will work and do my best but if they are anything like I remember then they are brutal. 

3)  Finally, I will be walking/running.  Right now it is a little more walking than running but I am working on it.  I am hoping for everyday but realistically that isn’t going to happen.  So my goal will be 5 walk/runs a week.

I just got a brilliantly motivational idea. I have been thinking about adding pictures of me to the blog.  So the first picture of me that I will post on this blog will be of me finishing my mud run, covered head to toe in mud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment