Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Day 60 to Day 53 Recap

(Counting down the days to my Mud Run)

I consistently walked/ran.  I got in 6 walk/runs and went 7.4 miles. Not impressive but I did what I could. I ran a full mile, all the way, no walking, and no stopping. (Actually I did this 2xs.)  Yep, I do realize that that is a pathetic accomplishment.  But it is MY pathetic accomplishment and I am choosing to be happy about it. 

I tracked my food with My Fitness Pal.  I stayed close to my target calories.  I went over a couple of days but once again this is a start and I am going to be happy with it.   

I did not intentionally eat anything with gluten, soy, dairy, or eggs. More importantly I have had a major epiphany that resulted in a new attitude about food.  I am thankful now for the food I do eat.  I am thankful that I know what to feed my children to keep them healthy.  I don’t need processed foods.  I don’t need gluten, soy, dairy, or eggs. They are not good for me. I would rather have healthy children and be healthy myself.  

I do need to change my strength workouts.  I couldn’t find my Jillian M. tapes.  I am really bummed about this.  However, I stopped looking and am moving on.  I am doing the “5 Core Workouts for Stronger Running” that is on the Runner’s World website. They are the basic plank, side plank, superman pose, abdominal crunches, and abdominal crunches with a twist.  My goal is to do these exercises 2xs a week
 
Day 60 weight = 283 
Day 53 weight = 279

Days 60 to 53 were a good start and I built a solid foundation to improve on in the next 52 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment